Lotus Program for Women at UBH Denton
All new Lotus Program for Women at UBH Denton, females 18 and older can now find inpatient treatment for psychiatric concerns at the exclusively women-only unit of the hospital. The services provided at this unit are aimed at helping these individuals deal with mental health issues, cope with traumatic events, treat postpartum depression, face grief and loss, and relationship issues.
Wellness is targeted for patients with a combination of brief intervention and solution-focused therapies. Inpatient mental health services staff includes psychiatrists, registered nurses, social workers, occupational therapists and other mental health specialists. Staff at the hospital use concepts of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, open process psychotherapy, and expressive therapies (mindfulness, art, music, recreation, yoga) in a group setting.
- Dedicated women’s unit with trauma trained staff (clinicians, nurses, techs)
- Program lasts for minimum 7 days, based on patient need
- Personalized treatment incorporating group therapy and individual counseling
- Program director and treatment team offices are housed on the unit
Common diagnosis at the Lotus Program for Women at UBH Denton:
- Major Depression Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Anxiety and Obsessive Disorders
- Issues Related to Reproduction Difficulties (loss of a pregnancy, postpartum depression, psychosis, breastfeeding, infertility, and menopause)
- Substance Use Disorders
- Eating Disorders (must be medically stable)
- Somatization disorder
- Dissociative disorders
An interdisciplinary treatment team model of psychiatrists and masters-level therapists offer therapy for patients that also have access to 24/7 nursing care. Treatment can also include:
- Comprehensive Psychiatric and Substance-Use Evaluation
- Individual Therapy Sessions
- Intensive Group Sessions
- Trauma-Informed Treatment
- Collaboration with Outpatient Therapists and Primary-Care Physicians
- Referral to outpatient providers and other supports if needed
- Nutritional consultation
- Empowerment to develop a safe and supportive life outside of the program
- Relapse prevention
UBH Denton is in network with most major insurance companies, please call 940-320-8100 and speak with the business office for questions concerning insurance coverage and mental health benefits. Additional options are available for self-pay patients.
If you or someone you know needs help, contact us to schedule an assessment at 940-320-8100. In the case of a medical emergency or crisis, please dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.