Many adults with mental illness, chemical dependency or co-occurring disorders suffer tremendously. Treatment can be effective for both the individual and the family dealing with life altering behaviors.
Some of the signs that an adult may need help include:
- Depression and anxiety
- Unable to sleep or constantly tired and withdrawn
- Difficulty with normal life activities
- Excessive drinking or other uses of chemicals
- Major changes in sleeping and/or eating habits
- Withdrawal from family and/or friends
- Mood swings
- Uncontrollable outbursts
- Hearing voices or hallucinations
- Difficulty concentrating or abnormal thoughts
- Addictions including obsessive gaming, social media/internet or sexual addictions
- Major weight gain or weight loss
- Increased spending or obsessive lying
- Trauma of any kind; loss of a love one, serious accident, etc.
For a list of what items are permitted and not permitted on the adult unit, please read our What to Bring list for adult patients.
If you or someone you know needs help, contact us to schedule an assessment at (940) 320-8100. In the case of a medical emergency or crisis, please dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.