Being a teenager is stressful. Teenagers face major peer pressure and worry about grades, their futures and the uncertainties of this world. Through this time period, adolescents also experience major changes in their bodies and their brains. At times, they need some additional help and guidance to handle the pressure and stress.
UBH Denton provides inpatient and outpatient services for adolescents ages 13-17 facing issues with mental health, trauma and co-occurring disorders. UBH Denton also offers families full educational case management and educational options.
Some of the signs that a teen needs help include:
- Major changes in sleeping and/or eating habits
- Mood swings
- Uncontrollable outbursts
- Feeling depressed or lacking interest in normal activities
- Self injury or hurting others
- Poor performance in school or dropping out of activities
- Hearing voices
- Difficulty concentrating or abnormal thoughts
- Substance abuse or other types of addictions including obsessive gaming, social media/internet or sexual addictions
- Major challenges with following rules
- Low self esteem
- Hallucinations or grandiose behaviors
- Major weight gain or weight loss
If signs such as these are seen, please call UBH Denton immediately at 940-320-8100 for a free and confidential assessment. Prior to admission, please review our list of items to bring and what we recommend you leave at home. In the case of a medical emergency or crisis, please dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.