What to Bring: Freedom Care Program
You may bring a few personal belongings to the hospital, to help you feel comfortable during your stay. It is important that you follow these guidelines to keep the unit safe, therapeutic and keep track of your personal items.
Items to Bring:
- Day clothing- recommended 3 days of clothing due to limited storage. (Washer/dryer available at no charge)
- Shoes (no shoe strings are allowed on the unit).
- Personal hygiene items (toothbrush, toothpaste, shower shoes, deodorant, and female sanitary items). These items cannot include alcohol based products or aerosols.
- Warm pajamas (must be appropriate)
- Clothing that is modest and climate appropriate (i.e.: Jacket or sweater)
- Tobacco products (adult only, only during designated breaks as determined by unit rules)
- Home medications (will be stored in pharmacy)
- Up to $20 in small bills
- Recommended athletic shoes with Velcro for gym activities
- Electronic devices including, but not limited to: cell phones, iPods, laptops, DVDs, earphones, beepers, alarm clocks, radios or recording devices
- Shoestrings, drawstrings, or belts
- Hairdryers, curling irons, flat irons, etc.
- Clothing with inappropriate artwork (alcohol, drugs or violent phrases or pictures)
- Outside food or drink are both prohibited
- Jewelry (with the exception of wedding bands for adults)
- Items with sharp edges or points, any items with glass, or flammable liquids
- Drugs or alcoholic beverages
- Knives, guns or any protection devices
- Pens or pencils or binders with metal spirals
- Currency over $20.00
- Mirrors, nail files, or clippers
- Needles, hooks, or wire hangers
- Stuffed animals, blankets, and pillows
- Makeup will be kept and available as requested (adult only, not allowed for adolescents)
- Disposable razors (will be checked in).
Please note: Patients will not have access to an ATM machine or internet during their stay.
All valuables should be left/sent home and not retained at UBH. Individuals are fully responsible for personal items. Items that must be stored in facility lock up will NOT be accessible throughout the length of stay.
Please be aware that patients are here for different reasons. Some patients may have additional restrictions; therefore, we ask that you do not lend or give out any of your personal possessions.