Adult (ages 18-mature adults)
- Mental Health
- Chemical Dependency
- Co-Occurring Disorders
Adults with mental illness and chemical dependency suffer tremendously. Treatment can be effective for both the individual and the family dealing with life altering behaviors.
Some of the signs that an adult needs help include:
- Depression and Anxiety
- Unable to sleep or constantly tired and withdrawn
- Difficulty with normal life activities
- Excessive drinking or other uses of chemicals
- Major changes in sleeping/eating habits
- Withdrawal from family/friends
- Mood swings
- Uncontrollable outbursts
- Hearing voices or hallucinations
- Difficulty concentrating or abnormal thoughts
- Addictions including obsessive gaming, social media/internet or sexual addictions
- Major weight gain or weight loss
- Increased spending or obsessive lying
- Trauma of any kind; loss of a love one, serious accident, etc.
If you or someone you know is exhibiting these signs, please contact UBH Denton immediately at 940-320-8100 for a free assessment.
For a list of what items are permitted and not permitted on the adult unit, please read our What to Bring list for adult patients.